it does not matter whichever place you might end up living life ... what's vital is to find comfort in knowing that you are able to celebrate the human soul ...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Complex yet Simple


I am now writing my very first mind-fart ... with this i can now say that I'm officially launched in the blogging community. I say officially since i have been a ghost visitor to some of the sites here.

Like my friend Duke, Ms. 'Confessions of an Expat's Wife", I am also married to an expatriate. Our recent posting here in India gave me an incomparable realization about the complexities of life. After going through the bitter sweet adjustment of physically relocating home, there's this enormous mental challenge that i had to conquer. I had to search comfort out of my comfort zone ...

The first time I heard from my husband that we were moving to India I freaked out! Not because I didnt have any clue what goes on in India but i was fearful of not being able to see the familiar faces and not being able to do the things that quite fit in my routine. My mind went through a web of numerous uncertainties ... from the most sane concern (what kind of health service do they have in India?!) to the most trivial (who will i go with to the spa?!) . For a time i was torn between the chance of reinventing myself in a new country vis-a-vis sticking with the things that i'm used to doing.

Still the inevitable came ... after 4 months of being in india ... with all boxes unpacked ... with Bianca enrolled in a nice playschool ... everything seems to be in place. Of course the process of adjusting did not come as swiftly as night is to day but at least i can say that i'm getting there. I'm still challenged by how different the culture is here and will continue to ponder on the illogicals that seem logical here. In all the complexities i'm faced with in this uniquely diversified country, it all boils down to how i manage things. Now i've learned that the key in making life sane is to do with what you have and celebrate the things that He has given. And that's how i find
comfort out of my comfort zone.

3 Comments:

Blogger duke said...

i'm so proud of your musings :) I'm glad I am the first one to write.. hoping to hear more of your adventures onthe land of 5-6 hihihihi

10:19 PM

 
Blogger grace said...

thanks duke! hope i get to have some people visiting this site too ... sympre it would be nice to have a pool of thinkers doing the thinking on my scribles! heheheheh ...

10:25 PM

 
Blogger duke said...

for sure there will be :)

6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home