it does not matter whichever place you might end up living life ... what's vital is to find comfort in knowing that you are able to celebrate the human soul ...

Monday, May 08, 2006

Me oh My!

Vacation in Germany: water adventure

The first time I heard my sister-in-law say that we were going for a swim, I didn’t think she was actually serious. Outside it was pouring snow and couldn’t figure out how in the world swimming could ever be possible. Then I was informed that there’s this Spa Center in Kempten, an hour from their place, called Combo Mare, which features nice warm swimming pools. That’s when I got all excited!


I was thinking to myself “this is such a treat!” First of all my trip in Germany introduced me to SNOW … yeah I’ve seen snow in the past when we went to Schloss Neuschwanstein two years ago but that was different since I only saw remnants of winter. This time it was like “white Christmas” … winter wonderland! Aside from being amazed with the white thingy coming from the heavens, we were just about to go swim in winter?! How cool is that?!

So off we went to Combo Mare. Upon entering the Spa I noticed the change in temperature. It was a nice 24-28 C compared to the negative temp outside. The areas was very spacious, locker rooms very well kept and didn’t have that stinky pool smell of chlorine.

After changing, we then hit the pool area. If memory serves me right, they had three big swimming pools featuring a fountain in the middle, a massage area, and a big slide! I was very impressed that they had an outside pool, still with warm water, but you can definitely swim where you have snow just inches from you!


I also discovered how much Bianca loves water. The first sight of water makes her all thrilled and excited and she just can’t wait to make that splash. When Thomas told me that he’s taking Bianca to the big slide I was frantic! I couldn’t imagine myself taking the slide and let alone my daughter take it … since she was with Thomas then I got a little pacified and just trusted his guts.

I don’t have to tell you what happened with that slide trip … you can see for yourself in the pictures I’ve attached. And by the way, they didn’t just go once … they took on the slide for more than I could keep track off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracia, swimming on ice? I could almost feel the frozen lounge chairs all covered with ice. Yukoooooo jan - enjoy na enjoy pa kayo si Bianca.

Ps. hindi talaga OK ang sidebar pag sa IE ang browser na gamit. Ket kaya?

Happy MOTHER's DAY this coming Sunday! I'm sure may sorpresa ang hubby mo nyan! ENJOY it.

2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home