it does not matter whichever place you might end up living life ... what's vital is to find comfort in knowing that you are able to celebrate the human soul ...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dentist and John Legend



So this is the truth: I'm freakishly terrified of the dentist!

I dont know why! I keep on rattling my brain whether i had a traumatic experience with the dentist when i was a kid ... but nada! Cant think of anything that would relate to my fear. Anyways, i guess that's just the way it is for now, until i unearth any reason from my box of memories ...

Last August, i went to the dentist to have my routine cleaning. Aside from that, i have finally decided, after so much pleading from my husband, to get that "attractive" metal thing that you attach to your teeth so they wont divorce and go in all directions of your mouth ... The Braces. Have to wear them for one to one and a half years! So much for those Kodak moments ...

Wednesday, Jan 3: Went to the clinic to have a composite filling done. On the way to the dentist, i was psyching myself for the procedure. Had to call Thomas on the mobile for 3 times just to hear that reassurance that everything will turn out fine. As soon as i was in the clinic, i was ushered straight out to the patient's seat. There was not any second to back out let alone scream for help. The doctor asked me if i wanted anesthesia. I readily said yes! As doctor was doing the procedure, i felt the pain with the insertion of the needle in my gums. I was just about to jerk when i shifted my concentration to the voice that was whispering in my ear - Mr. John Legend.

All the while i had my ipod on and it was John who was with me during that trying time. When the medicine was slowly injected in my gums I could only think of how soothing John sounded. When the doctor was grinding my teeth it did not bother me, as I would have anticipated, since John took me in the heavens So High ... when the doctor was putting the filling, John was saying Dont You Worry 'Bout A Thing ... and when it was time for the doctor to polish those fillings, John was cheering me up with Each Day Gets Better.

Thank heavens for John ... now I see my dentist saga a little bit better.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha Mr Legend was your lifesaver. Imagine root canal and the suction tube hanging in your mouth - disaster.

Don't ask me to go the dentist as I will be very much embarrassed if the Dentist asked me to open my mouth, first thing to see is a thick smoke of nicotine in between my gums. ewwww!

I forgot, that's what I need this year. Honestly I don't have a nice teeth, I have fixed bridge on my two front and I can't even bite chicharon bulaklak.

Salamat sa picture greeting card. When was it taken?. The BRACES! Happy New Year Grace, finally a new POST! Asteg!

9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so love John Legend's voice. I like his 2 albums! What a great playlist to put along when in the dentist!

2:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh grace that was me who commented above.
I am still ahving problems with blogger! grrrr

-duke

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home